We will assess the economic impact of China’s digital transformation, its continuous urbanisation process and synergies between the EU’s investment plan and China’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative.
Questions addressed will include:
- What are the key challenges facing “Digital China”? How do China’s ambitions fit in with Europe’s own efforts to create a more competitive “Digital Europe”?
- Does China’s service-led economic transformation create new opportunities for EU-China innovation cooperation?
- What will be the role of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)?
- What are the details of China’s “One Belt, One Road” initiative?
- How can China and Europe step up cooperation in building smart cities?
- Yang Yanyi, Ambassador and Head of the Mission of the People’s Republic of China to the EU
- Hans Dietmar Schweisgut, Ambassador of the European Union to China and Mongolia
- Chi Fulin, President of the China Institute for Reform and Development (CIRD)
- Jo Leinen, Chair of the European Parliament Delegation for Relations with the People’s Republic of China
- Li Tie, Director General of the China Center for Urban Development, National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC)
- Lv Fengding, Vice President of the China Public Diplomacy Association (CPDA) and Member of the Foreign Policy Advisory Group of the Chinese Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Linda Corugedo-Steneberg, Director and Principal Adviser at the European Commission Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology (DG Connect)
- Guo Wei*, Chairman and Executive Director of Digital China
- Mario Esteban, Senior Analyst, Elcano Royal Institute
- Jeongmin Seong, Senior Fellow at the McKinsey Global Institute (MGI) and co-author of “China’s digital transformation: The Internet’s impact on productivity and growth”
- Luigi Gambardella, President of ChinaEU
Please register through the online registration.
Please note that registration for this event will close on Thursday 25 June.
You will receive a confirmation of your registration prior to the event, including the venue. Please visit our website for latest updates.
The Europe-China Forum is an ongoing partnership between Friends ofEurope and the Mission of the People’s Republic of China to the EU. This year, the Europe-China Forum is co-organised with the China Institute for Reform and Development (CIRD), the China Public Diplomacy Association (CPDA) and ChinaEU. Media partners include Europe‘s World, China Daily and Debating AsiaEurope.